Undocumented Migrants

Home Office written question – answered on 4th February 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Rosindell Andrew Rosindell Conservative, Romford

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to encourage people residing illegally long-term in the UK to (a) normalise their immigration status or (b) return to their homeland.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

Those without leave to remain in the UK should make arrangements to return to their home country. A Voluntary Return Service exists to support those wishing to leave the UK, and can include assistance with organising travel and reintegration support in their country of return.

The Home Office works with stakeholders including Local Authorities, non-profit organisations and other government departments to raise awareness of the service and support families and individuals without status return to their home country.

The department also engages with diaspora communities to raise awareness of the risks and consequences of illegal migration, and the options to regularise stay or to return voluntarily to their country of origin.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.