Visas: Entertainers

Home Office written question – answered on 29th January 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Deidre Brock Deidre Brock Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Wales), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what visa regime will apply to performers who are EEA nationals travelling to the UK on short working trips after the UK leaves the UK; and if she will make a statement.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

The Government has announced at the end of the transition period, EEA and Swiss nationals will be able to continue to travel to the UK for holidays or short-term trips, without needing a visa.

The current Immigration Rules, including those for visitors, contain a wide range of provisions to cater for artists, entertainers and musicians.

The Home Office is currently engaging with the creative sector and other government departments, including DCMS, to ensure the future immigration system continues to support the thriving cultural sector in the UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.