Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 29th January 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve Reed Steve Reed Shadow Minister (Education) (Children and Families)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will make an assessment of the potential merits of establishing a material assessment service coupled with test houses to provide feedback on cladding system materials for local authorities and building owners.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Following the Grenfell fire, the government set up a screening programme to assist building owners with the identification of the type of ACM present on their buildings. The screening is still open and remains free to building owners.

We expect building owners who suspect they have ACM (or other metal composite material cladding) with an unmodified polyethylene filler to submit samples for testing. Further information on the testing program is available at :

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.