Immigration: EEA Nationals

Home Office written question – answered at on 4 November 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Keith Vaz Keith Vaz Labour, Leicester East

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the criminality checks would be for EEA citizens seeking to migrate to the UK in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a deal.

Photo of Brandon Lewis Brandon Lewis The Minister of State, Home Department

In circumstances where the United Kingdom has withdrawn from the European Union without a deal, EU citizens who move to the UK and wish to stay beyond 31 December 2020 will need to apply for European temporary leave to remain.

Applicants will be required to declare whether they have criminal convictions in the UK or abroad. We will carry out criminality and security checks on all applications including checks against UK police databases as well as Home Office watch-lists.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.