The number of headcount general practitioners (excluding locums), working in general practice for each year since September 2015 is available in the following table. General practitioner (GP) locums are excluded as improvements have been made to GP locum recording methodology and figures are not comparable prior to December 2017. Current data is not comparable to 2010. As such, September 2015-18 data has been provided. Figures are not available for Jarrow constituency.
South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group Headcount GPs (excluding locums)
- Data as at 30 September 2015-2018.
- Figures shown do not include GPs working in prisons, army bases, educational establishments, specialist care centres including drug rehabilitation centres and walk-in centres.
- Figures contain estimates for practices that did not provide fully valid General Medical Practice staff records.
- Headcount totals are unlikely to equal the sum of the components. Further information on the headcount methodology is available in the General Practice Workforce publication.
- The figures for GPs excluding Locums as this data is not comparable across the time series.
- Data must be compared from the same time point in the year, therefore September 2018 data is provided to allow comparison the earliest available data. Data covering 30 September 2019 will be published on 28 November 2019 and is available at the following link:
- Data collected and published prior to September 2015 is not comparable due to a change in data collection methodology.
- “-” denotes zero, “0” denotes greater than 0, less than 0.5, “..” denotes not applicable.
- Source – NHS Digital