It usually takes around 5 working days for applications for status under the EU Settlement Scheme to be processed, but it can take longer.
An application may take longer to process if:
- UKVI need to request more information from the applicant.
- The applicant is a minor and their application is not linked to an adult.
- The applicant has submitted a paper application.
- The applicant has a relevant criminal record.
- The applicant is a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and is applying on the basis of a relationship that they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office.
Any applications that have not been concluded remain under consideration. The EU Settlement Scheme monthly statistics show that up to 30 September 2019, only two applications have been refused.