Ministry of Defence: Long Service Awards

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 22nd October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of David Mundell David Mundell Conservative, Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what schemes his Department has introduced to recognise the long service of non-military personnel.

Photo of Johnny Mercer Johnny Mercer Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (jointly with the Ministry of Defence)

The mechanism by which civil servants are recognised for their long and meritorious service is the Imperial Service Medal, issued by the Cabinet Office. It is presented to selected civil servants who complete at least 25 years' service upon their retirement, to certain grades. In the Ministry of Defence, this is skill zone or Pay Band E grades.

Within the Ministry of Defence, there are likely to be schemes at unit level that are administered locally. A list of any such schemes are not held centrally.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.