We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Musical Instruments: Customs

Treasury written question – answered on 28th October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Black of Brentwood Lord Black of Brentwood Conservative

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, ATA Carnets would be required for musicians who are travelling to perform in multiple EU countries for their musical instruments which are transported either (1) as hand luggage or (2) in trucks.

Photo of The Earl of Courtown The Earl of Courtown Captain of the Queen's Bodyguard of the Yeomen of the Guard (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Lords)

In the event of the UK exiting the EU without a deal, the UK will become a single customs territory and use of an ATA Carnet will be an option for moving goods, such as exhibition stands and musical instruments, temporarily between the UK-EU.

In general, ATA Carnets are one option when moving goods temporarily between customs territories. Their use is a commercial decision and should be considered alongside temporary admission / Returned Goods Relief procedures.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.