Domestic Accidents: York

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 8th October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rachael Maskell Rachael Maskell Shadow Minister (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how many falls (a) at home and (b) in total were recorded by health and social care providers in (i) York Central constituency and (ii) City of York local authority area in each year since 2010.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Patient safety remains a key priority for the Department and we are committed to the National Health Service being the safest healthcare system in the world.

Non-NHS health and social care providers must notify the Care Quality Commission when a person has been seriously injured while a regulated activity was being provided. NHS providers are required to report falls and other serious incidents to the National Reporting and Learning System which is managed by NHS England and NHS Improvement.

However, the data compiled by the Care Quality Commission and by NHS England and NHS Improvement in these cases is not held in the format requested.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.