Welfare Assistance Schemes

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 8th October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Blomfield Paul Blomfield Shadow Minister (Exiting the European Union)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether his Department is responsible for allocating funding for local welfare assistance schemes.

Photo of Luke Hall Luke Hall Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Holding answer received on 07 October 2019

Responsibility for funding for local welfare provision was passed over from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) from April 2013. The MHCLG would lead on any changes in allocation with input from the DWP.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.