Holidays: EU Countries

Cabinet Office written question – answered on 3rd October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Wes Streeting Wes Streeting Labour, Ilford North

To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, when he plans to provide a substantive answer to Question 286315, tabled on 3 September by the hon. Member for Ilford North.

Photo of Kevin Foster Kevin Foster Assistant Whip, The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales, The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office

Both the UK and the EU have now adopted measures that mean flights will continue after 31 October. This means businesses and citizens can continue to book and fly with confidence. Travellers, including those in Ilford North, planning to travel to the EU should ensure they have complied with all travel advice and have the necessary documentation and insurances, such as International Driving Permits (IDPs) and Green Cards, which will be needed by private motorists.

After Brexit the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) card may not be valid. Holiday-makers should get appropriate travel insurance with healthcare cover before going abroad. Guidance is available on visiting the EU after Brexit on at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.