Members: Correspondence

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 8th October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve Reed Steve Reed Shadow Minister (Education) (Children and Families)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, for what reason Ministers of his Department are unable to comment on specific buildings with cladding issues raised in correspondence dated 25 September 2019 with the hon. Member for Croydon North.

Photo of Esther McVey Esther McVey Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Holding answer received on 03 October 2019

The Department provides general advice on building safety but does not offer advice on the safety of individual buildings. It is for building owners to ensure that their buildings are safe – and to seek appropriate professional advice as required. Advice Note 14 helps building owners take the most appropriate course of action should there be any concerns about their building’s external wall system. Local authorities and Fire and Rescue Services may take action on individual buildings where safety issues have been identified.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.