Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Children: Day Care

Department for Education written question – answered on 2nd October 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve McCabe Steve McCabe Labour, Birmingham, Selly Oak

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, pursuant to the Answer of 23 July 2019 to Question 278350 on Children: Day Care, how many short breaks local authorities provided for disabled children and their families in each (a) region and (b) local authority area in each year since 2011.

Photo of Nick Gibb Nick Gibb Minister of State (Education)

The information requested is not held centrally.

Short breaks for disabled children can be provided by local authorities under either section 17 or section 20 of the Children Act 1989. Whilst information on children receiving services is reported in the children in need census, the detail of the specific services or support provided to the child is not collected.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.