Social Security Benefits: EEA Nationals

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 9th September 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stella Creasy Stella Creasy Labour/Co-operative, Walthamstow

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what proof of settled status is required for an EEA national who has been granted settled status and is applying for benefits.

Photo of Justin Tomlinson Justin Tomlinson The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Eligibility for income-related (means-tested) benefits, such as Universal Credit, depends on a person’s immigration status in the UK.

EEA nationals who are habitually resident in the UK and have been granted settled status are eligible to access income-related benefits.

Mechanisms are in place between DWP and the Home Office to verify settled status through the Habitual Residence Test Process.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.