Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Government Departments: Redundancy Pay

Cabinet Office written question – answered on 3rd September 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Ian Murray Ian Murray Labour, Edinburgh South

To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what estimate he has made of the cost to the public purse of the redundancy packages required for the creation of the new Government.

Photo of Oliver Dowden Oliver Dowden Paymaster General (HM Treasury), Minister of State (Cabinet Office)

This information is not held centrally.

Section 4 of the Ministerial and other Pensions and Salaries Act 1991 sets out Ministers’ entitlement to severance payments. Payments to individuals are processed by the relevant departments. Any such payments are published in each department’s audited annual accounts, and these accounts can be found on GOV.UK.

When their appointing Minister leaves office, special advisers are entitled to a severance payment, to be paid in accordance with the terms set out in the Model Contract for Special Advisers, which can be found on GOV.UK. The cost of special advisers is published and laid before Parliament on an annual basis and is available on GOV.UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.