Languages: Special Educational Needs

Department for Education written question – answered on 4th September 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Geraint Davies Geraint Davies Labour/Co-operative, Swansea West

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what plans he has to issue guidance to schools on the need to include spoken language in schools’ special educational needs information reports.

Photo of Kemi Badenoch Kemi Badenoch The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

Every school must publish a special educational needs (SEN) information report setting out how it implements its policy for pupils with SEN. Regulations set out what information must be included, so schools must describe their approach to teaching pupils with SEN and how they make adaptations to the curriculum for these pupils. It is for each school to determine the level of detail about these matters in the information it publishes.

Every local authority must also publish a local offer of its SEN provision. This should include the special educational provision made available to mainstream schools, including therapies such as speech and language therapy where they educate or train a child or young person.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.