Solid Fuels: Heating

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 23rd July 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alan Brown Alan Brown Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Transport), Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Energy)

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, with reference to his Department's consultation on cleaner domestic burning of solid fuels and wood in England, what different types of PM2.5s released when burning (a) smokeless briquettes, (b) wet wood, (c) dried wood and (d) house coal on open domestic fires in England his Department is assessing; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Our assessments of emissions of pollutants from domestic combustion sources use a range of data which are based on established international reporting. These use different conversion factors for different fuels but do not distinguish between different types of PM2.5.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.