Employment and Support Allowance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 23rd July 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Sarah Champion Sarah Champion Labour, Rotherham

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what account is taken of income from compensation payments under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme in employment and support allowance calculations.

Photo of Justin Tomlinson Justin Tomlinson The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Payments for Criminal Injuries Compensation come under payment for personal injury. Once the claimant has provided the information the Decision Maker would disregard for 52 weeks from the date of the award and if the award is put in trust the Decision Maker would disregard indefinitely. If the claimant was to take an income from the Trust it is treated as income from capital.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.