Department for Education written question – answered on 15th July 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Neil O'Brien Neil O'Brien Conservative, Harborough

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, for each local authority (a) how many pupils studied in state schools in that local authority who lived in another local authority, (b) how many pupils who lived in that local authority went to a state school in a different local authority, (c) and what the average level of per pupil funding per pupil was in each local authority in real terms in (i) the most recent year for which data are available and (ii) in 2010.

Photo of Nick Gibb Nick Gibb Minister of State (Education)

The information required for parts (a) and (b) are published in the local authority cross border movement tables of the annual “School, Pupils and their characteristics” statistical release. The latest data, relating to January 2018, can be found at the following link:

The revenue funding allocated for schools for financial years 2010-2011 and 2018-2019 for each local authority (LA) are shown in the attached table.

The government publishes gross domestic product deflators that can be used to understand the impact of inflation over time. These are available at:

275249_table (Excel SpreadSheet, 26.17 KB)

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.