Change of Use

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 4th July 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Thornhill Baroness Thornhill Liberal Democrat

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether any high street building can be converted into a building for residential use under permitted development rights.

Photo of Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Permitted development rights enable all or part of buildings in a range of uses to change to residential use, many of which may be found on the high street. These include change of use from shops, financial services, hot food takeaways, and amusement arcades to residential use.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.