Social Security Benefits: EU Nationals

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 24th June 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rushanara Ali Rushanara Ali Labour, Bethnal Green and Bow

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what guidance she has issued to her Department's decision-makers on the classification of EU nationals with indefinite leave to remain through the EU settled status scheme as habitually resident for the purposes of claiming (a) universal credit and (b) other means-tested benefits.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

The relevant guidance for decision makers can be found for (a) Universal Credit in the Advice for Decision Making (ADM) memo 09/19, available at:, and (b) other income-related benefits in the Decision Makers’ Guide (DMG) memo 06/19, available online at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.