The intake into the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (RMAS) by ethnicity for the last five years can be found in the table below:
The table represents those that have been posted to RMAS on the Joint Personnel Administration System but does not represent all of those that attend RMAS. The ethnicity of total Officer intake, both Regular and Reserve, can be found in the published Biannual Statistics at the following link, but will include small numbers of trained personnel who do not go through RMAS selection:
- Information is recorded by optional self-declaration. The 'Unknown' category includes those that declined to declare their ethnicity.
- Figures are for untrained intake of Regular Officers starting at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (RMAS) over the past 5 financial years. The figures are for the Regular Army only, and therefore exclude Gurkhas, Full Time Reserve Service, Mobilised Reserves, Army Reserve and all other Reserves.
- Figures have been rounded to 10 for presentational purposes; numbers ending in "5" have been rounded to the nearest multiple of 20 to prevent systematic bias.
- Totals and sub-totals have been rounded separately and so may not appear to be the sum of their parts.
- “-” denotes zero or rounded to zero