Social Services: Disability

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 24th June 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Diana R. Johnson Diana R. Johnson Labour, Kingston upon Hull North

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to ensure the adequacy of long-term adult social care funding settlements for the care and support needs of working age disabled people.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Social care funding for future years will be settled in the Spending Review, where the overall approach to funding local government will be considered in the round.

The Government is also undertaking a review of the relative needs and resources of local authorities in England, with a view to setting fresh baseline funding levels. The recent consultation on this proposed a specific formula for adult social care that includes cost drivers for both older people and working age adults.

We need a sustainable social care system to ensure services continue to deliver for our ageing population and the increasing number of people of working age who require care services.

This Government is committed to ensuring that the social care system is sustainable in the longer term, which is why we will be publishing a Green Paper at the earliest opportunity, setting out our proposals for reform. We want to make sure that we get it right, which is why we are taking the time to consult with key stakeholders and take their feedback into consideration.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.