Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 24th June 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Faisal Rashid Faisal Rashid Labour, Warrington South

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what plans he has to designate areas in England and Wales for wild camping.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Access is a devolved matter and this answer relates only to England. Landowners may permit people to camp outside of designated campsites. There are no current plans for the Government to designate any areas for wild camping in England. Dartmoor National Park Authority has a map of wild camping areas.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.