House of Commons Commission: Living Wage

House of Commons Commission written question – answered on 11th June 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Justin Madders Justin Madders Labour, Ellesmere Port and Neston

To ask the right hon. Member for Carshalton and Wallington, representing the House of Commons Commission, what proportion of organisations that hold contracts with the Commission pay the National Living Wage.

Photo of Tom Brake Tom Brake Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (International Trade), Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Exiting the European Union)

The House of Commons is accredited by Citizens UK as a London Living Wage Employer. The terms of its accreditation licence require that contractors and sub-contractors with dedicated staff who are based on parliamentary premises are paying those staff at least the London Living Wage.

Contractors and sub-contractors which provide services in relation to our contracts, while not having a presence on parliamentary premises, are required to pay dedicated staff at least the London Living Wage, or the UK Living Wage if based outside London.

We can confirm that to our knowledge, all dedicated staff are being paid either the London Living Wage or the UK Living Wage.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.