Care Homes: Fees and Charges

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 6th June 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Theresa Villiers Theresa Villiers Conservative, Chipping Barnet

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether people whose elderly care is funded via a local authority can top up their care home fees from (a) personal and (b) family resources.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

The Care Act 2014 gives provision in certain circumstances for individuals and third parties to pay for some or all of the additional cost of a preferred care home which is more expensive than the fees specified in the individuals’ personal budget.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.