Public Sector: Land

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 5th June 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jon Trickett Jon Trickett Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office), Shadow Lord President of the Council

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what criteria his Department uses to monitor progress against the Government's target of releasing surplus public sector land for at least 160,000 homes.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The Public Land for Housing Programme Handbook ( sets out the approach for monitoring the progress of the release of land. In order for a site to contribute to the 160,000 homes target it must provide evidence against the following criteria:

1. A conditional contract, development agreement or building licence with a private sector partner, housing association/registered provider or local authority (for the purpose of house building) is signed or freehold transfer takes place (whichever is sooner) and;

2. There is planning certainty that the site will be developed for housing.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.