Social Security Benefits: Scotland

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 20th May 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Luke Graham Luke Graham Conservative, Ochil and South Perthshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how much Government funding has been allocated to (a) Citizens Advice Bureau and (b) other organisations to support universal credit and other benefit claimants in Scotland.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

As of May 2019, the Department has funded Citizens Advice Scotland with £2,343,378 to provide the Help to Claim service for Universal Credit claimants in Scotland.

DWP staff also have discretion to signpost benefit claimants to local support services where appropriate.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.