Local Government: Constituencies

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 23rd May 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Greaves Lord Greaves Liberal Democrat

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether, following an election that has changed the political composition of a local authority, that authority is able to withdraw a submission made to the Local Government Boundary Commission for England on a local boundaries review in their area and replace it with an alternative submission.

Photo of Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

This is a matter for the independent Local Government Boundary Commission for England, which is accountable to the Speaker’s Committee of the House of Commons.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.