Mobile Homes: Council Tax

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 13th May 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Laurence Robertson Laurence Robertson Conservative, Tewkesbury

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will bring forward legislative proposals to lower the level of council tax paid by residents of park homes; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Rishi Sunak Rishi Sunak Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The level of council tax which is payable is set by the local authorities in an area and reflects the council tax band a home is in. Responsibility for setting the council tax bands of homes in England, including park homes, rests with the Valuation Office Agency who carry out their work independently of Ministers.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.