Travel: Insurance

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 1st May 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hannah Bardell Hannah Bardell Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, which countries require UK citizens to purchase travel insurance as a condition of entry.

Photo of Harriett Baldwin Harriett Baldwin Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development)

​The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) strongly encourages all British people travelling abroad to take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before they travel, regardless of their destination. We do not maintain an exhaustive list of countries where evidence of travel insurance cover may be required as a condition of entry, as a range of evidence can be requested as part of individual visa applications. British people travelling abroad can check the relevant FCO travel advice country page for information and advice on entry requirements for their destination country, and should contact the embassy of the country they are visiting if they need further guidance about their eligibility to enter. Responsibility for determining eligibility for entry rests with the immigration authorities in the country concerned.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.