Inland Waterways

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 3rd May 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gareth Thomas Gareth Thomas Party Chair, Co-operative Party

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps his Department is taking to ensure the statutory right of navigation on water in relation to shared access for recreation.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Access to waterways, including for recreational purposes, remains subject to licence by the relevant navigation authority, or subject to agreement with the riparian landowner where there is no navigation authority in place.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.