Health Services: Tourism

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 17th April 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Menzies Mark Menzies Conservative, Fylde

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what plans his Department has to support NHS trusts in areas with high volumes of tourists areas to help ensure the quality of treatment offered to residents.

Photo of Seema Kennedy Seema Kennedy The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) provide a wide range of health care services based on their local population needs using their knowledge and links to the community in which they work, and will use these plans to decide how to best use their budgets to make sure they are delivering high quality care to their patients.

While general practitioner practices do not receive any extra funding for patients that register temporarily with them, the costs are factored into practices baseline funding through a temporary patient adjustment. Where a practice has faced a significant increase or decrease in the numbers of temporary patients requiring treatment from it, NHS England may review the amount used for the temporary patient adjustment.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.