Out-patients: Travel

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 26th March 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Sherlock Baroness Sherlock Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions), Opposition Senior Whip (Lords)

To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the number of individuals who were identified as entitled to income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) but who were moved to contributory-based ESA from Incapacity Benefit who were eligible for financial assistance with travel fares to attend hospitals or other establishments for NHS treatment or services that they were then unable to claim as a result of that move; and what plans they have to compensate those individuals for any charges paid for such travel fares.

Photo of Baroness Blackwood of North Oxford Baroness Blackwood of North Oxford The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

The Department of Health and Social Care is currently liaising closely with the Department for Work and Pensions, NHS England and the NHS Business Service Authority on this important issue, and reviewing all available evidence.

As part of this work, the Government is carefully considering how to proceed with regard to individuals who were placed on contributory, rather than income-related, Employment and Support Allowance.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.