British Overseas Territories: Honours

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 12th March 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hugo Swire Hugo Swire Conservative, East Devon

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what (a) steps his Department has taken, (b) guidance his Department has issued and (c) discussions his Department has had in the last 12 months on the rules and regulations surrounding the award of honours by British overseas territories.

Photo of Alan Duncan Alan Duncan Minister of State

​Nominations for citizens of the British Overseas Territories (BOTs) are submitted to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Royal, Ceremonial and Honours Unit for consideration on the Diplomatic Service and Overseas Honours List. The rules and regulations are the same for nominations from the Overseas Territories as they are for all other honours nominations and there has been no new guidance or discussions about honours for the Overseas Territories in the last year.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.