India: Pakistan

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 5th March 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Patrick Grady Patrick Grady SNP Chief Whip

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what support his Department is providing to UK Citizens stranded abroad as a result of the grounding of flights following the escalation of tensions between India and Pakistan.

Photo of Mark Field Mark Field Minister of State

We update travel advice rapidly whenever there is an escalation of this sort of tension. Specifically, we continue to keep our travel advice under review and updated to reflect developments in India and Pakistan. Our staff have also been responding to phone calls and emails from British nationals.

Any British nationals or family members who have concerns can contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Affected individuals in Pakistan or India can contact their nearest British High Commission or Deputy High Commission. Affected individuals in any other country should contact the British High Commission / British Embassy in that country.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.