Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Crime: Rural Areas

Home Office written question – answered on 12th March 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Hay of Ballyore Lord Hay of Ballyore DUP

To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of trends in the level of unsolved crime in rural areas across the United Kingdom.

Photo of Baroness Williams of Trafford Baroness Williams of Trafford The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister for Equalities (Department for International Development)

Justice and policing is devolved to Northern Ireland and Scotland. The Government does not hold relevant data on levels of unsolved crime in rural areas across England and Wales.

Across England and Wales, it is the responsibility of Chief Constables and Police and Crime Commissioners to make sure criminal cases are investigated properly. Together with the Crown Prosecution Service they must make sure cases are charged where there is sufficient evidence, and it is in the public interest to do so.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.