Social Services

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 4th March 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Luciana Berger Luciana Berger Independent, Liverpool, Wavertree

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what assessment he has made of local authorities' capacity to take over the social care of people if the existing providers of that care fail.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

If an adult social care provider’s business fails, local authorities have a statutory duty, under the Care Act 2014, to meet people’s care and support needs temporarily until suitable, alternative provision can be arranged.

The Government is working with local authorities and providers to ensure that adult social care services continue as normal. This includes ensuring that effective and up-to-date contingency plans are in place.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.