Housing: Refugees

Home Office written question – answered on 5 March 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Beecham Lord Beecham Shadow Spokesperson (Justice), Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government), Shadow Spokesperson (Housing)

To ask Her Majesty's Government how much funding they provide for permanent housing for refugees after the 28 day move-on period from Government-supported accommodation has ended.

Photo of Baroness Williams of Trafford Baroness Williams of Trafford The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister for Equalities (Department for International Development)

There is no funding for permanent housing for refugees after the 28 day move on period has passed, however, after being granted asylum a refugee is able to claim mainstream benefits which includes housing benefit.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.