Immigration: EU Nationals

Home Office written question – answered on 21st February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jo Stevens Jo Stevens Labour, Cardiff Central

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps he is taking to ensure that EU citizens with mental incapacity will be registered for settled status.

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes The Minister for Immigration

The Home Office has put in place a comprehensive vulnerability strategy to ensure that the EU Settlement Scheme is accessible for all.

A user group of external stakeholders who represent the needs of vulnerable individuals has been established to work with the Home Office to assess understand relevant risks and issues and to ensure the right support arrangements are in place for applicants, including those with mental incapacity.

It is possible for someone to apply to the Scheme on behalf of someone with a mental incapacity. The Home Office will accept a range of evidence of identity and residence on behalf of an applicant. In addition, where someone misses the deadline for their application for a good reason, they will be given a reasonable further period in which to apply.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.