To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many records his Department holds that have reached the time limit for their transfer to the National Archives but have not been transferred.
HM Treasury currently holds the following legacy records (pre-1994):
- Records still to be reviewed, retained by means of Retention Instrument
- Records selected for transfer to The National Archives, retained by means of Retention Instrument
- Records awaiting destruction
- Records planned for transfer in calendar year 2019
- Records retained for an inquiry or investigation
- Records and extracts retained from transferred records