Empty Property: Security

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 25th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Grender Baroness Grender Liberal Democrat

To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the response by Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth on 15 October 2018 (HL Deb, cols 366–8), what progress they have made in establishing whether someone who has a licence as a property guardian is living in what can be defined as a “dwelling".

Photo of Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The Housing Act 2004 defines a “dwelling” as a building or part of a building occupied or intended to be occupied as a separate dwelling.  Whether a building occupied by a property guardian is in fact a dwelling would be dependent on the particular facts of the case.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.