High Rise Flats: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 13th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Sarah Jones Sarah Jones Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (Housing)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 24 January 2019 to Question 210701 on High Rise Flats: Insulation, how many local authorities have (a) contacted his Department with concerns about their ability to meet the decent homes standard in social housing blocks requiring remediation and (b) have been offered support from Government to maintain efficient heating and insulation.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Government is providing funding for the remediation of social residential buildings over 18 metres, owned by local authorities and housing associations. We are providing this funding because we want to make sure that local authorities and housing associations can focus their efforts on making their buildings safe without impacting negatively on other services, improvements to housing quality or new supply. This might include meeting the decent homes standard. 159 applications were received by 31 August deadline and assessed as part of the first tranche of applications, with funding allocated to 135 buildings. We expect to confirm the outcome of the remaining applications shortly.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.