Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 11th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve Reed Steve Reed Shadow Minister (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) (Civil Society)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant the Answer of 4 February 2019 to Question 214560 on Buildings: Insulation, whether his Department will undertake a BS 8414 test on a system with rendered Expanded Polystyrene insulation.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

There is no intention to do so currently. However, at our request, information on BS 8414 tests carried out by manufacturers and other sponsors has been made available for building owners and their professional advisers. These include several systems using rendered expanded polystyrene insulation.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.