Gender Recognition: Health Services

Women and Equalities written question – answered on 8th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Sweeney Paul Sweeney Shadow Minister (Scotland)

To ask the Minister for Women and Equalities, if she will take steps with the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care to tackle (a) GPs not being allowed to run oestrogen tests if a patient is still registered as male on the NHS and (b) other barriers in relation to those test barriers.

Photo of Victoria Atkins Victoria Atkins The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department, Minister for Women

Ministers and officials have regular dialogue with counterparts in DHSC, where concerns of the trans community are raised. We will continue to work with the Department for Health and Social Care to ensure improved service for transgender patients and service users.

The Government Equalities Office has recently provided grants to the Royal College of General Practitioners and to the LGBT Foundation to pilot and evaluate ways to improve delivery of services to LGBT patients and service users, especially in general practice.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.