Housing: Construction

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 13th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Derek Thomas Derek Thomas Conservative, St Ives

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to promote housing development in areas where there is an identified local need but no housing allocation in the local plan.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The revised National Planning Policy Framework is clear that all housing need should be provided for. There are multiple tools in the revised Framework that can assist in delivering the homes areas need, including; through allocations in local plans, community led allocations in neighbourhood plans, windfall development and exception sites which target affordable housing need specifically.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.