Social Services

Department for Education written question – answered on 8th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Emma Lewell-Buck Emma Lewell-Buck Shadow Minister (Education) (Children and Families)

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what (a) guidance and (b) regulations have been produced on how social workers are able to spend devolved budgets in relation to What Works Centre change projects in (a) Darlington Borough Council, (b) Hillingdon Borough Council and (c) Wigan Council.

Photo of Nadhim Zahawi Nadhim Zahawi The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

Darlington, Hillingdon and Wigan each have a contract in place with Cardiff University setting out that the devolved budgets are to be used by social workers to support families under Section 17 of the Children Act (1989). Each local authority is required to use appropriate procedures for governance and reporting of expenditure as a condition of receiving funding.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.