Immigration: Northern Ireland

Home Office written question – answered on 13th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Girvan Paul Girvan Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Education), Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Transport), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what form a proof of being a family carer is acceptable for an EEA National for the purpose of claiming treaty rights for a non-EEA partner in Northern Ireland where there is no provision for local registration.

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes The Minister for Immigration

EEA nationals are exercising EU Treaty rights in the UK if they are in their first three months of residence or if they are working, self-employed, looking for work, self-sufficient or studying, or if they have a right of permanent residence in the UK under EU law.

Applications and supporting evidence for EEA residence documentation made by EEA nationals and/or their non-EEA national family members are considered on a case-by-case basis. Home Office guidance setting out how caseworkers consider applications can be found at

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.