Parents: Finance

Department for Education written question – answered on 12th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Neil Coyle Neil Coyle Labour, Bermondsey and Old Southwark

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if he will make representations to the Children’s Commissioner on that office undertaking an assessment of the effect on children of their parents being subject to no recourse to public funds.

Photo of Nadhim Zahawi Nadhim Zahawi The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

The Office of the Children’s Commissioner for England (OCC) is a non-departmental public body, therefore acts with independence from the government. The OCC is currently developing the business plan for 2019/20, setting out their priorities for the year ahead, and I will ask my officials to raise this issue with the Commissioner’s Office for her consideration.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.