Motor Vehicles: Insurance

Department for Transport written question – answered on 6th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kate Green Kate Green Chair, Committee on Standards, Chair, Committee of Privileges, Chair, Committee of Privileges, Chair, Committee on Standards, Chair, Committee on Standards

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps his Department is taking to support British citizens driving in EU countries after 29 March 2019 who do not hold a green card.

Photo of Chris Grayling Chris Grayling The Secretary of State for Transport

If Green Cards are required from 29th March 2019, motorists should contact their vehicle insurer who will be able to provide them with advice on Green Card requirements and issue them with any relevant documentation. This still applies if an individual is in an EU country after exit day and does not hold a Green Card.

It should be noted that the UK will meet all the requirements for remaining part of the Green Card-free circulation zone on our exit from the EU and we continue to urge the European Commission to issue an implementing decision that would ensure UK motorists can drive in the EU without a Green Card and vice versa.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.